Red and pink and white and roses...how "valentine-y"
A red tablecloth and white dishes, some with pink flowers
I made place cards from old-fashioned valentines I found on the internet.
This one obviously is for my honey
My husband prefers dark chocolate and I WAS a milk chocolate lover...but he has won me over to the "dark" side. And what is Valentine's Day without chocolate? Make mine Ghirardelli!
My wonderful husband surprised me with the DVD of Downton Abbey, Season One. Isn't he the sweetest? He DOES pay attention sometimes!
What is more romantic than roses everywhere!
I've planned a dessert involving hearts and cake and chocolate
to put on the pink glass cake pedestal
Here is the table with candlelight. I think it's cozier to be next to each other
Cyril is checking see if his name is on the placecard...
Sorry Cyril...back to your footprint bowl!
Now for the dish on the dishes...
- The dinner plates and cream soup bowls are Royal Albert "Val D'Or"
- The pink flowered plates, including the cake plate under the candle, are Paragon "Victoriana Rose" and is one of my favorite patterns. I've been collecting for years (from ebay)
- The champagne flutes were a wedding gift from our wonderful friend, Bill
- The tall goblets and the bowls are the palest pink and are from QVC several years ago
- The silverplate is Oneida Vanessa/Francesca from ebay
- The pink damask napkins are from ebay and the Old Country Roses napkins rings I found at T.J.Maxx (we still don't have a Home Goods)
- The pink glass cake pedestal is from ebay as well. I just love the color!
- The red chenille tablecloth with the damask pattern was on sale at Linens'N Things from a while ago
- The place card holders were a gift
I hope everyone is looking forward to a Happy Valentine's Day! And I thank you for stopping by!!