Christmas Eve dinner!
The table set for four
Top view to show JUST how crooked everything really was!
I removed the soup bowl and underplate so you can see the Christopher Radko salad plate...I thought they blended well together
I know there are beautiful new color schemes for Christmas,
but I am VERY traditional and
still love red and green the very best!
I love the way the dishes layer.
The centerpiece is made of roses, carnations., pine, boxwood,
baby's breath, and REAL holly (very prickly!!)
This is my Damask Rose sterling...I don't have a lot of it, so I fill in with other silverplate patterns. The placemat is part of a set given to us by my husband's cousin. I LOVE these
With such a huge guest list of four, we definitely needed place cards and holders! ;-)
Our dining room looks into the living room. It always looks so much bigger in photos!
Dessert was set up on the buffet...Lots of home-made goodies and plenty of chocolate!!!
So warm and tempting...
We popped our Christmas crackers...
A tradition that my English hubby brought to us...
we have been doing this since we've been back in my home city
My sister L. (no feathers tonight!) She ALWAYS puts on her crown. My sister P. won't so we don't have a silly crown pic of her!
This is what was going on in the living room during dinner!! Prime sleeping real estate!
The fire was going and the lights were lit...
This is the thing that sold me on our house and believe me, it gets a work out all winter!
Well...that's it! Dinner was delicious (if I do say so myself!). We had cream of spinach soup, salad, pork roast, roasted potatoes, green beans, peas, italian greens, rolls and those sweet desserts!
I hope you all had a warm and wonderful Christmas and have a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
Now for the dish on the dishes:
- Christmas china is by Gibson from Winterthur catalog AGES ago
- Christopher Radko salad plates-ebay
- Damask Rose and contrasting silverplate "fill-in" pieces-ebay
- Waterford Marquis "Brookside" iced beverage glasses-TJ Max
- Tablecloth-Linens'n'Things (when they had actual stores)
- Red hemstitched napkins-on line (don't know what company)
- Holly and berry napkin rings (the berries are little jingle bells!!)-ebay
- Table runner and placemats-my DH's cousin sent to us from England last year
- Ornament place card holders-ebay
Thank you for stopping by...I love reading your comments and knowing that you were here!!