I am usually much more traditional in my tastes, but really wanted a very colorful table this year. And this is pretty colorful for me!!
I love these colors! My inspiration came from the leaf-patterned tablecloth.
My husband picked up the flowers at the grocery store...I think he did a great job! There were so many flowers in the bunch that I was able to split them and use the others on the tea cart.
I used my more casual dishes (more later) but, alas, I forgot the glasses when pictures were taken...I did used my crystal iced-beverage glasses
I put the desserts on the buffet. There was apple pie and cookies (for my non-pie eating husband) and the pumpkin cream cheese pie was still in the fridge. The silver pedestal dish holds the cutest acorn and maple-leaf cookies I bought at TJ Maxx
Our dining room is small so this tea cart came in handy during dinner. And there are the rest of the flowers.
This is the view of the fireplace from the dining room...it was cold outside and the fire was wonderful and toasty throughout the day. Don is keeping watch over it for us!!!
Our menu was pretty traditional: Roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, fresh green beans, peas, rolls. We started with squash soup and then had salad before the main course. Dessert was pumpkin cream cheese pie, apple pie, m&m cookies and fresh whipped cream.
We have so much to be thankful for!!!
Now for the dish on the dishes:
- My inspiration tablecloth was found on ebay
- The white plates are Royal Albert English Garden also from ebay
- The red salad plates are from Big Lots...versatile for a red lover like me
- The little yellow leaf plates, which I adore, were found in T.J. Maxx
- The square soup dishes are Temptations "Old World" from QVC, I also used the other pieces from that set for serving the food
- The red placemats are from Big Lots
- The red cotton napkins were purchased on the internet at a great price...don't remember which site! Silver napkin rings from Oneida-I've had for years
- The silverplate place settings are Oneida Vanessa/Francesca
- I don't know the patterns of the soup spoons and butter spreaders but they are from ebay
- The missing glasses were my Waterford Marquis iced beverage glasses
- Those cute little acorn and maple leaf cookies were from T.J. Maxx
I want to thank each and everyone one who posts here for your inspiration and ideas (which I admit to stealing from time to time);-)
Now onward toward the Christmas Tablescapes!! I'm looking forward to visiting your tables
Special thanks to Susan at BNOTP (link on upper right side of this post)
Love to hear your comments!!!