Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gifts from England

My husband is English and goes back periodically to visit family.   His mother lives not too far from Stoke-on-Trent (though I don't know how much china is still made there).  I haven't been able to convince him to go searching for OCR for me :-(  I guess that is a lot to ask!!

Anyway...he was there in May for a visit and, on his own, he brought me a beautiful tiered tray and his mother sent me a matching creamer and sugar bowl.  The pattern is based on wallpaper from the Victoria and Albert Museum and they are just beautiful!  I guess being surround by all of the china we have in the house has subliminally crept in somehow!!

Since it has been SOOOO hot this summer, not much baking has been going on here.  Because I wanted to try out a new size decorating tip, I bit the bullet and heated up the oven.  That gave me something to put on my tiered tray.  So here it is.  Thanks to my wonderful English husband and his generous Mum!

A little afternoon tea
The creamer and sugar bowl are just the cutest shape
The cabbage rose pattern is the perfect way to show off cupcakes
 I would love to have a complete setting of the cabbage roses dishes but I like the way that these, already in my inventory, go together
A last look at the table...that reflection of the chandelier shows up once again!!!  It's been around in pics before

Hope you enjoyed seeing my beautiful gifts from England!

Now for the dish on the dishes:
  • The beautiful tiered tray and sugar and creamer: brought home from England
  • Teacups are Wedgwood Queensware from ebay
  • Noritake dessert plates also from ebay
  • Noritake cake plate is a gift from my sister L.
  • Pearl napkin rings from Dillards
  • Light pink damask napkins from ebay
  • Damask placemats from Dollar Tree
  • Sweet treats...yours truly :-)
Thank you for stopping by...love to hear your comments.  
Also, be sure to stop by the Tablescape Thursday party with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.  There are always lots of beautiful tables there!




12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that tiered plate. The pattern is so pretty. I've always wanted a tiered plate, and just never have gotten around to getting one. I've run out of places to put new things anyway haha! When my girls have all grown and moved out, my house will also be all china and cats... thought those two things don't really seem like they'd go together haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl after my own heart! Our cats haven't done TOO much damage, but we make accomdation for them...in all things!! I know about the storage issues. I find that mine store on top of the china cabinet and since they are so pretty, they don't look like they are in storage. Do your girls have the "china" bug?

      Delete
  2. I live your cabbage rose gifts, they're so pretty and look lovely with the Noritake :o)

    I live 20-25 miles from Stoke on Trent, and sadly there is very little pottery/crockery made there anymore. Even Spode stuff is made abroad :o(
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose...thank your for your nice post! I have been collecting Old Country Roses for quite a while. It started with wedding gifts from my husband's family. So when I buy any, I TRY to buy older pieces made in England. It's sad that it has all gone oversease!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty. I have a set of the dishes from the Victoria and Albert museum and I enjoyed learning they were based on a wallpaper pattern...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful pattern on your server and sugar and creamer. I don't think I have ever seen that pattern. We visited London a few weeks ago and I can't wait to visit again. England is such a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your blogging break is because you are doing fab things in your life! :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tess, I enjoyed your gifts from England! Thanks for popping over to my blog tonight with your sweet comment. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Such pretties from England. I enjoyed seeing them. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how very pretty! We think they aren't listening and then they go and do something sweet like yours did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for coming lovely lady. Yes, I so enjoyed Pope Francis' visit, he left us so many wise messages and blessings.
    I love your dishes, they are gorgeous and from England, of course! I love England and all about it, it's history, it's décor and beauty. My style.
    Thanks for your sweet and kind comment.
    Love,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

    More than 160k women and men are trying a easy and SECRET "liquid hack" to drop 1-2 lbs each night as they sleep.

    It is scientific and it works every time.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Hold a clear glass and fill it up with water half the way

    2) Then do this amazing HACK

    so you'll be 1-2 lbs skinnier as soon as tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete