My birthday, as a matter of fact...and that number is going up faster and faster!!! We went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants because the birthday rule is-the birthday person gets to choose the restaurant. Then after dinner, it was cake at our house.
My sister gave me the coconut cake (Ina Garten's recipe). She doesn't bake, but knew someone who would make it. It was delicious!!!
I love pink and red flowers together and I put them in a teapot that I bought for $5.00 at T.J. Maxx...it didn't have a lid, but I knew I would use it as a vase. The plate underneath was a Marshall's find...it's Royal Albert English Garden many years ago in Chicago.
Since we were only having cake and ice cream, the place setting was simple. No one wanted any hot beverages. (I can't seem to get the silverware straight...it always LOOKS straight before the picture is taken ) :-)
We had a great time...lots of talking and laughing, as usual.
Some more info...
- The tablecloth is from Linens&Things
- Vintage pink damask napkins from ebay
- The floral dishes were featured in a VICTORIA magazine photo and I fell in love with them!!
- Crystal glasses are a birthday gift from my officemate-stylist...we have lots of tablescape-foodie talk...Thank you Joanne!!
- The silverplate is Oneida Vanessa/Francesca