I put this place setting on my tea cart...still using my Christmas dishes.
Here is the first view of my blooper. I don't know what I was thinking, but I put the forks backwards!!!! But my poinsetta napkin ring shows up nicely
This beautiful table runner is from my husband's cousin in England. The set also included eight matching placemats!!! I LOVE them! This is my poinsettia inspiration and the main reason for the poinsettia theme
Here is a candlelight view. That is my same Christmas centerpiece but I used white candles instead of the red I had at Christmas
This placement is part of the set from England. This is my sterling. Those little cookies were still available for a photoshoot, but they won't be around for long!!
Another view. This was all set on my teacart which is in front of one of our built-in cabinets in the dining room...you can imagine what is in there!!! I could use about one hundred more!!!
In keeping with the "pointsettia" theme, I made new placecards
Here is my blooper close-up and staring right at you. But this photo does show off the placemat. I also had live pointsettia to put on the buffet where the desserts would have been
Since we didn't get to have our company for dinner, I am happy to at least share with you a vignette of the table that was supposed to be. Oh well...the best laid plans!!
(My husband ended up cooking the 20 pound turkey the Sunday...now our freeze has LOTS of turkey in it!)
Wishing everyone a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!!
Now for the dish on the dishes:
- Poinsettia tablerunner and placemats are a Christmas gift from my husband's cousin in England
- Christmas dishes are Gibson from Winterthur catalogue several years ago
- Cream soup bowl is Royal Albert "Val D'Or
- Sterling is Oneida's "Damask Rose" that I have started to collect
- The cream soup spoon (silverplate) are from ebay and I have no idea what the pattern is
- Poinsetta silver napkin ring is a Marshall's find MANY years ago
- Red hemstitches napkins were found on the internet for next to nothing (less than $2 each)...don't know which site
- The candle holders are from the dollar store...I bought several so I would have matching ones
Thank you for stopping by...I look forward to your comments!! Love to hear from you!!