It was just the four of us so we left the leaf out of the table
A closer look at the place setting...
The leaf serves as the bread plate (you can see the chandelier reflected on the table!)
A white dinner plate, black toile salad plate, and a casual footed soup bowl
Leaf bordered place cards in fall colors
The table is "small-ish" so the only centerpiece is a cute ivory pumpkin and candles that match the bread plates
Our dining room is open to the living room so you HAVE to have
a cozy fire with a comfort food dinner!
Dinner was definitely comfort food. We started with homemade chicken veggie soup. Then we had salad and rolls. Main course was pot roast (with chicken cooked with it-I don't eat red meat), mashed potatoes (my husband's specialty), fresh green beans, and peas (the only green veggie he eats!). For dessert we had a chocolate trifle made with chocolate cake,, chocolate pudding, and fresh whipped cream. For you purists, there is no fruit or liqueur because DH doesn't eat fruit either. It was a relaxed and leisurely dinner and we had a wonderful time!
Now for the dish on the dishes:
- The paisley dinner plates are from TJM...I bought two several weeks ago and was mad at myself for not getting more. I happened to be in there last week and there were still two there!!!! Yippee!!!
- The black toile salad plates are also TJM
- Ditto the leaf plates...they are from last year and there were only four. Wish there had been more.
- The place mats are from Linens & Things several years ago.
- The paisley napkins are Ralph Lauren (also at TJM). I have matching placemats-stay tuned!
- Silverplate flatware is an ebay find
- The pumpkin is from TJM last year...love that color!
- The crystal is Waterford Marquis. Wine glasses are from my friend Joanne and I then purchased the waterglasses myself
Thank you for stopping by to see my autumn tablescape. Thanks again to Susan at "Between Naps on the Porch". If you didn't get here from there, be sure to click on her button up on the right and see amazing tablescapes!!!