Then we came back to our house for cake and gifts. Unfortunately, because we were focused on dinner and then birthday cake, I don't have photos of the actual event. I have just put out the pieces used on the table. We were in the dining room and these are dishes that we used. Here's your golden opportunity to use your imagination!!!
Here are the dishes that we used for the birthday party
These dishes were nice and big to put cake AND ice cream on the same plate
Cold beverages were the choice of most, but there was one request for hot tea. What is nicer than your very own little pot of tea?
My sister, P. opened her gifts...it was a delicious and fun night. And well worth waiting for!
Not a very exciting table but thank you for stopping by. Here's the dish on the very few dishes:
- The transferware plates have been seen here a lot lately-they are from T.J. Maxx
- The dessert forks and spoons are Oneida's Vanessa/Francesca silverplate (ebay)
- The glasses are Waterford Marquis (ebay)
- The small teapot is from the former East Germany and I've had it for years. I bought it at a small giftshop and it came with two matching cups
- The mug was purchased at Linens'n'Things before...well, you know..
- That nifty cake cutter was a gift from my sister, P. and I think she bought it from QVC
- The napkins are an ebay purchase
(Don't forget to visit Susan's "Between Naps on the Porch"...the link is up to the right)