This is a great week for my job! I am a medical coder for a hospital based medical group. We have been hearing, for over a year, that there are plans for us to work from home. Well, it finally happened and Monday was my first day working from home. YIPPEE!!!!!!
There are lots of perks to this, such as a 5 second commute, being able to see my husband (who works second shift), and not having to go out when we have two feet of snow! My kitties visit my desk throughout the day too. My "work" clothes are pretty wild, though. Today, I was wearing a brown floral thermal shirt and when I got cold, I put on a pink plaid flannel shirt over it. S-C-A-R-E-Y but warm and nobody was looking!
So what does this have to do with tablescaping and dishes, you ask? Well...I have to have lunch...soooooooo, I set this tray for myself (in my VERY chic outfit!). Prettier than a cafeteria tray, right?
Lunch was just a turkey and tomato sandwich and tomato soup so there wasn't a need for much tableware
A plate for the sandwich, a bowl and spoon for the soup, ice water in the glass and...oh look...there's a cupcake! How did that get there? The plan was for an apple....hmmmmm
This is the only piece of flatware in sight
There's that cupcake again...where did my apple go????????
Last view and lunch is over!!!
I am loving working at home. All of the coders rotate through the office once a week. I go into the office on Tuesdays...my officemate is there that day, too. We get to touch base with our supervisor and do things that have to be done in the office.
Now for the dish on the dishes:
- The plate and bowl are my Gibson everyday dishes
- The "napkin" is a cute autumn hand towel I found at Walgreens. Great for accidental spills!
- Silverplate soup spoon is Gorham. I got eight of them on ebay-they should pay me for advertising for them ;-)
- The tray is from T.J.Maxx and I love the size of it. It was $13
- That sneaky cupcake is in a small cut glass dish that I have had for many years. I have six of them