I am looking forward to having company for dinner...once I can schedule it. BUT, I can certainly have a menu planned and a tablescape ready! In my mind, it's nearly a done deal, I just need to get my guest list in order. I'd better get to it soon because this tablescape plan has a definite autumnal feel!!
A casual table with the "Gollum" dishes (you know all about those!)
Dinner plate, salad plate, and soup bowl/underplate...simple and pretty
A straight on view with crooked silver...my signature!! :-)
Interesting colored and shaped gourds
Again, my mother's silverplate and those paisley napkins that I love
Oops...I should have put a few candles on the table...I promise I will when dinner is served!
Now for the dish on the dishes:
- Everyone knows the "Gollum" dishes...I didn't get the deal at Big Lots-mine were from Linens 'n Things for a bit more $$
- All purpose glasses are Marquis by Waterford
- I used these lovely paisley napkins last week. I found them at T.J.Maxx and LOVE them
- The simple silverplate was my mother's from when she was a new bride in the 1940s
- The cut glass tripod dish with the gourds was her's as well
- Gourds from Walgreens and ribbon from the Dollar Tree
It's pretty simple, but I think a warm table and a delicious dinner will make for a good time!
I'm happy that you stopped by and I hope to see you at your "place"