Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Practicing for luncheon...Number 1

This is an experiment.  I am planning a luncheon (date to be determined, contingent on schedules of the guests).  So, I thought I'd practice some tables. There is a menu planned and I have been thinking of different possibilities for the table.  I am only doing two places for practicing.

Here is #1.  Now I am not much of a "blue" person (my dining room walls notwithstanding), but I love "Old Country Roses" and decided to find some dishes in "Moonlight Rose" which is the same pattern only in blue.  It really does look like OCR seen in the moonlight.

  
The menu is already decided...
We'll start with shrimp cocktail in the stemmed glasses and then a nice summer salad and something chilled to drink
For the main course, I found a great roasted onion tart in Tea Time magazine.  I've already tried it and it is just delicious!!
I thought maybe some nice little homemade cookies on the silver pedestal
...And it will be coffee instead of tea.  Of course, I will make placecards to go into the little holders.
What do you think?  More to come :-)
Now for the dish "scoop" ...
The "Moonlight Rose" is Royal Albert and I got a GREAT deal on ebay!!!
The luncheon plates are my stand-by Royal Alber Val D'Or (OCR with the flowers washed off)
Silverplate is Oneida Vanessa/Francesca (ebay)
Cups are Wedgwood Cream on Cream Queensware (ebay)
The stemmed glasses are from a friend and I am honored that she gave them to me
The iced beverage glasses are another ebay find
The place card holders were a Christmas gift
The table cloth and napkins were ebay (are you noticing a pattern here?????)
I have no idea where the silverplate pedestal is from, but I've had it for ages
The teapot (as vase) is from TJ Maxx


 Too Much Information????? :-)
Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to your comments!!!

8 comments:

  1. We could take turns having play dates to 'practice' our tablescapes. i do this all the time! Such fun! Thank you for sharing your charming designs. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tess, your place setting is beautiful. I love blue and white, it is so crisp. Those blue flowered plates are gorgeous. Your menu sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table. No not too much info. May need to know where you got something.:) Really pretty Royal Albert. Love that china. Very pretty.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely table! You've got some pretty pieces.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty this is -- I didn't realize that it was the same pattern as old Country Roses. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue..your finds are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tess, your dishes are beautiful! I never knew that OCR came in blue or even "washed off"!! And you have a very nice friend to give you those glasses! Linda

    ReplyDelete