Then today Peter and I made a trip to the vet office with our youngest kitties (referred to as the babies, though they are actually four years old now!). It was just a check up and shots. I love our vet because they see cats only and our cats have never even seen a dog, let alone be in the same space with one...so although they were not happy to be there, at least the other patients were all their own species!! We were advised to change their diet to wet food with no grains, no carbs. This will be interesting!!
But please continue...because there IS a tablescape on this post.
Cyril in his favorite place
Don guarding one of my ebay purchases...Be careful Don...it's china!
Now for the tablescape...since things were so busy, I don't have a new tablescape. This is one from a previous dinner for my older sister and a friend (who is like a sister). Dinner was butternut squash soup, pot roast and chicken breast (I don't eat red meat), salad, mashed potatoes, green beans with olive oil and fresh parmesan cheese. We had sour cream cake for dessert.
Since it was just four of us, we left the leaf out of the table
Bird's eye view
I made place cards from the pattern of some of the serving dishes. I took a picture from QVC's website and used it for background for the place card.
The square bowl is "Old World (in cranberry) by Temptations from QVC. I also used other pieces for service. I love this set...it's great in so many ways!
The glass trivet under the flowers is part of that set as well
This is the final view of the whole table. Hope you enjoyed it.
Now...here's the dish on the dishes:
- The plates are the "Gollum" dishes bought years ago at Linens & Things
- The square ramekins for the soup are Temptations "Old World" in cranberry
- White damask napkins from ebay
- Oneida Vanessa/Francesca silverplate from ebay except the cream soup spoon-different pattern but also from ebay
- Glass trivet under the flower-also the "Old World" pattern
- The crystal glasses are from ebay
- Dark red placemats were a gift